Tuesday, July 5, 2011

How to set the navigation setting from automatically changing back to the map screen

My recent Lexus CT 200h review included a line about the annoying feature of the navigation system always reverting back to a previous screen.

I find this feature awful -- if I'm clicking through radio stations, and don't touch the Remote Touch mouse paddie thingie for a few minutes, the display screen will switch back to the map after a few minutes.

It should go when I say it goes, not on its own. However, there is some logic behind this: Once you pick your radio station, you no longer really need it on the audio setting, so instead of taking your eyes off the road to put the map back up, let the car do it for you.

However, after the review ran, Lexus sent me a quick note explaining that this revert to the map feature, can actually be turned off.

Check out the photo Lexus sent me explaining it step by step. I appreciate the tip and will definitely use it in the next Lexus I drive. This information is also available in the owner's manual -- which I'm sure every person reads before operating this car.


No comments:

Post a Comment